Wednesday 24 July 2013

Three Good Things : Week 2

Lovely Liz at Margot and Barbara is back with Week 2 of the Three Good Things feature that she introduced last week and because it's such a simple but feel-good idea, I'm joining in again.

One

I make no secret of the fact that I struggled having 2 children under 2 and it wasn't until around March this year that I started to feel like I was making it out of the fog of postnatal depression and was ready to stop taking the anti-depressants.

And if ever a day was proof of that then today it was because I have just had the best day at home with them both! It's been relaxing, creative, tantrum-free and we've all enjoyed each others company. I was even organised enough to plan a craft activity for this morning!

I printed out some free colouring pages of Alvin from Alvin and the Chipmunks, stuck them to some card and then the boys stuck lots of different shapes and sizes of pasta to them. Once the glue had dried, they painted them and for the first time, rather than painting every last inch of the paper, M deliberately tried to paint only Alvin's jumper. I was very impressed.



Two

After writing about my health on Saturday, I made the decision to take control of my eating habits the very next day and I now have 4 days of exercising healthier eating choices under my belt! I've still got a lot to learn and more improvements to make but I'm feeling very empowered by my decision, which can only be a good thing. I've also discovered a newish blog called Being Pretty Strong which I'm finding a fantastic resource, as it's easy to understand and very personable. If you're interested in improving your health, you should pop over and take a look at it.


Three



Right, I know you're probably going to shout at me for this but my third good thing was the weather cooling down a bit! I can function much better when there's a breeze to take the edge of the heat and I'm definitely sleeping much better than I was!





Okay, so those are my Three Good Things. What are yours? Why don't you join in and share them?


PS: if you want to read through all of last week's Three Good Things posts then you can find links to them all in Liz's post here.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm pleased the weather has cooled down a bit too!

Anonymous said...

Great post - and I'm SO pleased to hear that you're feeling so much stronger and healthier xx

Anonymous said...

I struggle a lot with my two kids too (although my elder one is 7, she has a lot of jealousy issues), and I keep having to mediate between the two.

Basically, I can relate to the ppd totally. All the best to you :)

Post a Comment

Template by:

Free Blog Templates