Tuesday 9 October 2012

I'm not okay

It's been a long time and there's so much to say but I don't have the energy or the inclination.
 
In a nutshell, I'm not okay.
 
Just over 3 weeks ago, I went to see my doctor and told him everything about the way I've been feeling over the last few months. I was diagnosed with postnatal depression and given a prescription for anti-depressants. It took a lot of courage for me to start taking the anti-d's but I did because I just want to feel normal again.
 
I want to talk more about this, share how I was feeling and how the anti-d's have affected me but I'm so very, very tired still. Not tired as in sleepy but absolutely bone-weary. And I've lost my joy for blogging and pretty much all of my hobbies, apart from reading.
 
To everyone who follows me on twitter, I will be back. I'm just struggling to find the energy and enthusiasm to get involved and connect with everyone right now.
 
Small steps, right?

11 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm here whenever you need to chat x

Anonymous said...

Likewise, here for you whatever. Much love x

Ojo said...

Take the tablets, give them time to work, everyone will still ne here. I've been through this, and I should imagine a few others have too, but, I'm happy to listen if you ever need an ear to bend

Heidi said...

I think what you will find is you aren't the only one by a long way. It's a bit of an open secret that I've had my mental health issues in the past and I certainly had a big wobble around the time I had my son.

I'm not sure how your child sleeps but there is evidence that poor sleep in mothers is part of the cause of PND so it is worth considering working on that if it's a problem. The only other piece of advice I would give you which you are welcome to use or ignore is to get out and do something every day which takes you outside and forces you to talk to another adult (even if it's only walking to a newsagent to buy some milk). It can be easy when you're down to isolate yourself.

Hope things get better soon and let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

Funky Wellies said...

Small steps indeed... So sorry to hear this, but you have taken the right decision, now give it some time. Sending lots of hugs. xx

The Last Slayer said...

Thank you everybody for your support. It makes such a difference knowing there are others who've been through the same and it really does make me feel a lot more "normal" xxx

The Last Slayer said...

xxx

The Last Slayer said...

Thank you xxx

The Last Slayer said...

Thank you so much. I really appreciate the offer xxx

The Last Slayer said...

Yes, I think lack of sleep has been a contributing factor but touch wood, that seems to be sorted now (although I've probably just jinxed myself!). Thank you for the advice - I really do appreciate it xx

The Last Slayer said...

Thank you for the hugs xx

Post a Comment

Template by:

Free Blog Templates