Monday 28 November 2011

Commercial break : mix-tape Monday #4

Boo and Me

A song from the best gig you have been to.

In 2008, I learnt that getting pregnant doesn't equal staying pregnant when I experienced 2 missed miscarriages.

After the second, I told myself I wouldn't turn down the opportunity to do things like going to gigs (as I had done) because I didn't want to miss out on any more of life. I wanted to feel normal again; like me rather than a "trying for a baby" machine.

Cue me, my husband and my dad at the LG arena in Birmingham in April 2009 watching what is indsputably one of the greatest bands in rock history:


I give you the song that was the highlight of that night for me:


Not long after that gig, I found out I was pregnant. My son is now 23 months old and no, we didn't call him Angus but we thought about it!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rock On! Good choice!

Mammasaurus said...

Can't type any sense off to air guitar!

76 sunflowers said...

Glad it all worked out for you! I don't think I would handle an acdc gig very well!
(the track was Dustland Fairytale btw - my own footage, sorry it didn't work x x )

caughtwriting said...

LOVE AC/DC. Sounds like a brilliant gig. Great choice. Polly

Post a Comment

Template by:

Free Blog Templates